Sunday, May 30, 2010

Geology Rocks!

When we hold hands,
The Earth trembles.
As romantic as that sounds,
It’s just the shift in the tectonic plates
That we tend to notice when we come together
Because we become more aware
Of our association with this planet.
And that heat we feel
When our bodies get to moving in the same direction
Is simply our recognition of the magma
Flowing beneath our “love”-soaked toes.
And that’s not actually
“love”
You’re feeling throughout your body-
That creepy crawly sensation
Is actually your nervous system
Remembering that water once covered this land
And we were all once dust and specks and nothing.
But that doesn’t mean that what we have isn’t worthwhile
These natural occurrences may not be from our own creation
But they’re still ours.

So I’m not going to tell you that I love you
Because those words aren’t what you want them to be
And I’m not the type to lie just to make you feel better.

I feel natural for you, baby
I feel gravity for you

No comments: