Sunday, May 16, 2010

Bozo Number 1

Hello gray being,
Laced with orange and black,
And webbed toes that make you shake your butt
In a way that Ricky Martin would be proud of.
Your head and neck are echoes of evolution
With those eyes so uninviting
And your neck so curved-
Ideal for both water and air,
But simply awkward here on land.
You cock your head
Not so much confused, as off guard.
Just to make sure I understand our hierarchy,
You engage your otherworldly structure-
Your neck stretches
Like a child reaching for the cookies
And your wings widen
Like the opening of an exhibitionist’s coat
And you stand on your toes
Like a teacher erasing words from a chalk board
Because you’re not tall enough to tell me
Exactly how you feel.
But I’ve been there too.
I’ve arched my neck
In attempt to stare down the sun
And I’ve thrown my arms open
While explaining that I am hugging the world
And I’ve hopped up and down just hoping
For a chance to hit my head on a cloud.
I just never did it
With such a pretentious look on my face.

No comments: