Wednesday, May 12, 2010

The Doc Says I'm Crazy

When I dance to your music, my ankle hurts a little.
When you hold my hand, there’s a pain in my wrist.
When I bend to lay my head, my back cramps like crumpled paper
When I listen to you speak, my left ear buzzes a bit
When I go to laugh at your jokes, my lung feels as if it’s caught on a nail
When I try to cuddle on the couch, my knees swell beneath the surface
And when I stand on my toes to kiss you hello, I blackout for a second.
But baby, none of that matters, ‘cause for you
I’ll boogie all night long on a broken ankle
I’ll crack all of my fingers so that they can fit with yours
I’ll dismantle every vertebrae to put my head near your heart
I’ll put fly traps by my ears so I can listen to your monologues
I’ll laugh so hard that each one of my ribs break
I’ll bend my knees backwards just to keep in your direction
And I’ll live with my toes in the sky and my head on the ground if, somehow, it made it easier to kiss you.

No comments: