Monday, December 8, 2008

Listen, Oh Dear Bodyparts

A letter to the knees who bend and break, fall and ache. You are rebellious and questioning. What exactly is it that you've asked of me? I have given you everything from paid leave to avenged regrets so why do you continue to disobey? You are disproportionate and lazy and I no longer know how to care for you. Graceful but barbaric is your existence. Maybe you should take a rain check on this light source.

A song for an unstable spine. How do you not have your act together? It is a good thing that you are not victim of the public school system, for you would have failed the standardized tests before you could have amounted to anything. You have too long ago accepted that life is no fairy tale. If you could get a grasp on reality, maybe we would both be OK.

A public service announcement for my shitzophrenic muscles. When you get too stressed, you lose your cool. This isn't a popularity contest, so stop settling for only what gets you by. Your irresponsibility causes more unrest than you could ever know. When you flinch, you not only take down walls, but set fire to the lamp shades. Let's not be hasty- you can't stay like this forever.

A novella for the joint that can no longer turn. I hate how I must bend to fit your needs. A faulty drama queen- you know it was nothing more than a slight grimace. When you're not to blame, you call on me to pull the labor. It's astounding, you know, how little you care for yourself. Simple tasks are all I ask, and you continue to let me down. There's no use in apologizing, you've already broken my heart.

A door mat for these thoughts that spark old habits. When I tell you to stay down, you are not supposed to revolt. You feed off of routines that only injure the rest of us. Similar to a heroin addict, your fix is what distances you from the roads of the world. Oh how nice it would be to scream your mistakes, but you know that your vocal chords are kept under lock and key. How many times have we discussed the consequences for your actions? I'm beginning to think that you've lost your sense of caring.

No comments: