Tuesday, December 16, 2008

I wonder if it's really raining or if it's just my eyes shaking

Oh we are forsaken
Little lies dangle from the tall trees we once called our childhood
Irony
That smile of yours
Caress it underneath your pillow at night
It’s a calm out here
Where it’s unholy and unnatural
But we’ll survive
We have before
We’re resilient just like we were made to be
Ticking bombs and jagged edges are confusions we don’t have time for
But just laugh a minute baby
Open your mouth and let it sing
For old times sake
No
For everyone’s sake
For you and me and for the fallen of Rome
For the sun and stars and the terrorists who are just as sure as we are
Do it for my hope that I threw away last week because you had forgotten
Or don’t
I can’t force you into anything
Your face can be my existence and that will be all I need
Typical
Your love affair with the snack machine
Just remember who tucks you in at night

No comments: